COOKIES & PRIVACY
We are happy to inform you about the processing of your personal data.
With this privacy statement we would like to inform you on how we handle your personal data, with care. Please contact us if you have any questions or comments. This privacy statement - last modified on December 12, 2018 - applies to the use of personal data by the Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben.
We are responsible for your personal data.
The Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben is responsible for the processing of your personal data and do this with care. This means that we treat your personal data confidentially, have taken measures to protect it and delete it when it is no longer of use.
The personal data is currently being processed by:
Postbus 156 – 1200 AD Hilversum
Stichting Oranje Fonds
Mailing address: Postbus 90 – 3500 AB Utrecht
Visiting address: Maliebaan 18 – 3581 CP Utrecht
T: +31 (0)30 6564524
E: [email protected]
CC number: 41151564
When do we receive your personal data?
Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben receive personal data from you, for example the data you provide to us via our website(s), mail, e-mail or via telephone. In addition, we may receive your personal data through third parties in the context of our services.
A number of common situations:
- you want to request a financial contribution for a project your organization is initiating. In that case we will receive your personal data via the application form. Or when you have contact with our project advisors or project managers via e-mail or telephone;
- you enter into an agreement with the Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben. We receive data via our web forms or contact by e-mail, telephone or during a conversation.
The Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben may - depending on the situation - process the following categories of personal data:
- initials, first name and last name;
- gender, date of birth, place of birth;
- address details, telephone number, e-mail address;
- bank account;
- IP address;
- citizen service number, if there is a legal obligation to do so;
- any other personal data that you actively provide when applying for a contribution, participate in an activity, register for a funding meeting, or enter into an agreement.
The Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben processes personal data for efficiency and improvement of services that contributes to the achievement of our mission. This involves the following purposes:
- informing and sending material about our activities;
- recruiting participants for our activities;
- handling of applications for financial contribution to projects or participation in activities such as meetings;
- recruitment of (potential) donors;
- research into the impact and perception of our activities;
- sustainable and coordinated involvement of our active network of participants, (potential) donors and applicants in the realization of our mission.
We also process personal data for the following purposes:
- performing administrative procedures: invoicing, donations/grants and payments;
- due to (legal) financial and tax obligations, compliance with the Right of Resistance or the conduct of disputes;
- job applications and personnel administration.
The Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben processes certain personal data based on at least one of the following principles as referred to in Article 6 GPC:
- permission from the person involved;
- execution of an agreement;
- legal obligation.
We also process personal data because the funds have legitimate interests in this regard. These are:
- the protection of financial interests;
- the sustainable and coordinated involvement of our active network in the realization of our mission;
- research into the impact and perception of our activities.
Distribution to third parties
In some cases the Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben may exchange personal data with third parties. For instance:
- you are the contact person of an organization that participates in one of our programs. At the start of the program, the contact person(s) of the participating organizations agree with the Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben on how they handle the mutual exchange of personal data during the program. Ensuring participants can collaborate and share knowledge.
- The Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben uses services from third parties, such as suppliers in the field of IT, fundraising, postal services, research, insurance and (personnel) administration. In that context, personal data is provided to these third parties. These third parties may only process your personal data for the agreed purposes and within the terms of a mutual processing agreement. In all cases, the Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben ensure that these third parties meet sufficient warrants in the field of privacy and security.
- your personal data can be provided to third parties when the Oranje Fonds must comply with a legal obligation.
The Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben will not provide your information for commercial purposes.
How long do we keep your data?
The Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben will not process your personal data any longer than necessary for the purposes that we mention in this privacy statement. This means that your personal data will be stored for as long as it is necessary to achieve the relevant goals. We use different retention periods depending on the nature of the situation. Certain data must be kept longer because of legal retention obligations, such as the fiscal retention obligation. In that case your data will be stored for seven years.
When you exercise your right to removal, it is checked whether there is a legal retention obligation such as the tax retention obligation.
Your data will also be deleted if you are no longer part of our active network.
Is there (or has there been):
- a financial contribution from the Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben? Then we store personal data for 7 years.
- participation in an activity, campaign or program without a financial aspect? Then we store personal data for 4 years.
- contact in the context of recruiting participants or donors or an information request? Then we store personal data for a maximum of 2 years.
- contact in the context of an application, or other clearly one-off contact moment? Then we store personal data for a maximum of 3 months.
How we protect your data
We believe it is important that your personal data is protected against loss or unauthorized access of your personal data. That is whythe Samenwerkende Fondsen Caribenhave taken the following measures:
- measures to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems;
- measures aimed at the timely restoration of the availability of and access to personal data in the event of a physical or technical incident;
- adequate procedures for periodically evaluating the effectiveness of the security measures taken (including security audits).
What are cookies? Cookies are small, simple text files that your computer or mobile device stores when you use one of our websites or apps. By using cookies, for example, we ensure that:
- surfing on the website of the Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben becomes easier for you;
- we can measure how our websites and apps are being used and where we can still improve them;
- we can record how often an ad is shown in order to better tailor the ads to your needs and interests and to prevent you from seeing a particular ad too often.
- functional cookies. These ensure that our websites can function correctly. Consider for example the 'login' functionalities.
- with analytics cookies. With this we collect statistics from the users of our websites. By measuring website usage, we can continue to improve our websites for the benefit of our users.
- social media cookies from third parties. These are cookies that enable functionalities of social media websites. Think of a Google map with interactive directions, a 'like' button for Facebook or exchanging information such as sharing a page via social media.
You have different rights when it comes to your personal data
- you have the right to request for access, correction, deletion or transfer of your personal data.
- when you make a request, we first want to assess whether we can process your request. This can be done, for example, if we can establish your identity or if you made a similar request more than six months ago.
- we can refuse your request if the rights of third parties outweigh yours. We will then explain in writing why we cannot comply with the request.
- you have the Right of Resistance. This means that you can object to the use of your data for charitable purposes by theSamenwerkende Fondsen Cariben.
- you always have the option of submitting a complaint about the use of personal data by the Samenwerkende Fondsen Cariben. Both with us and with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Privacy statement changes
This privacy statement was last amended on December 12, 2018. The Samenwerkende Fondsen Caribencan change this privacy statement. New versions are always published on the website. We therefore recommend that you regularly consult this statement so that you are kept informed of changes.
Intellectual property rights of the Samenwerkende Fondsen Caribenand third parties are based on the content, design and photography of this website. It is therefore not permitted without prior written permission from theSamenwerkende Fondsen Caribento electronically or otherwise copy, make information public and / or make changes to (parts of) the website.